The Core Group (management committee) of the Wheels of Time Scheme is seeking a volunteer or volunteers to assist administration of the Scheme.
Wheels of Time
Wheels of Time is a badge collecting scheme encouraging the exploration of 33 Kent heritage sites for 5-11 year olds.
The 33 members range from very small to medium sized museums and heritage sites, the majority are charities, many volunteer run, together with some local authority run sites.
Consideration is being given to expansion of the Scheme to include further sites for 2019
The tasks to be undertaken are:
- meetings administration
- assist the organisation of General Meetings including issue of invitations and agenda,
- assist the organisation of a Scheme event,
- minute taking at Core Group and General Meetings,
- issue of minutes to the Core Group, for review, and to the full membership,
- membership administration
- maintenance of the Scheme member contacts list,
- issue of member contribution and other invoices
- preparation and distribution of member news emails,
- request and collation of information from new sites
- monitoring data administration
- collation of the scheme monitoring data from all members to a single spreadsheet,
- issue monitoring data summary,
- administration of the Roamin Rex Award scheme,
Volunteers to undertake these tasks will:
- own and be willing to use a computer for undertaking the allocated tasks at home
- communicate by email with the Core Group and other members
- be competent in the use of office software including word processing and spreadsheet (Microsoft Office is preferred but software using Open Document Format is acceptable)
- be self-motivated
In addition the volunteer responsible for meetings administration will:
- have previous experience of taking minutes
- have good listening and synthesis skills
It is envisaged that volunteers will incur expenses with the exception of the meetings administration which will require attendance at Scheme meetings held at member sites across Kent, some of which are in rural locations. Between five and seven meetings are held each year together with one additional promotional event. The successful volunteer will need to arrange their own transport to these meetings. Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
Wheels of Time aims to encourage diversity amongst its volunteers to ensure that they are representative of all sections of society and communities in Kent and Medway and welcomes expressions of interest from any member of the communities who believes that they can fulfil the role, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, age, physical/mental disability or offending background (as long as this does not pose risk to children, young people, or vulnerable adults).
For more information about the role and to express an interest please contact us