This unique line was built in 1905 for the transportation of the raw materials required for the manufacture of paper and, of course, the finished product. The line which is built to a gauge of 2′ 6″, continues to use the steam engines and rolling stock that were supplied to operate the railway in its working life prior to preservation in 1969.
How many other railways can claim that they operate the original engines on part of the original line with original rolling stock? The staff are not original but are all volunteers and new members are always welcome.
- Opening times:
- Closed until further notice
- 14th April – 24th September; Sunday;
- 26th July – 30th August; Wednesday and Sunday;
- Good Friday and May and August Bank Holiday Monday.
Refer to timetable on website
- Cost: Return ticket: Adult £7.00, Child (3-13) £3.00, Senior Citizen £5.00
- Telephone: 01795 424899
- Website: www.sklr.net
- Facebook: @SandKLR
- Twitter: @SandKLR
- KCU Learning destination
The Wall, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 2XD