The Court Hall dates from about 1450 and is one of the most historic buildings in Swale. It has been accorded Grade II* listed status by English Heritage. The Hall has had many uses during its lifetime. It was originally the town’s civic centre serving both as a court and administrative centre for the Hundred covering the Isle of Sheppey and the mainland between Milstead, Newington and Bapchild. It was central to Milton’s market being the guildhall and trading standards office. It has also been a school for poor boys of the area. To-day it houses a small museum of local interest.
- Opening times: Saturdays from April to September 10 am to 4 pm, other times by arrangement
- Cost: Entry free
- Telephone: 01795 471876
- Website: www.friendsofmiltonregiscourthall.co.uk
- Facebook: The Friends Of Milton Regis Court Hall CIO
110 High Street, Milton Regis, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 2AN